Thursday, September 19, 2013

On This Harvest Moon


The full moon is a time to release what no longer serves you, or what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.

To Harvest, is to REAP what you have sown…
To bring in the fruit of your labor.
To separate the Wheat from the Chaff….
To prepare for the Winter, the barren time…

To begin, Center yourself and clear the clutter within.
Meditate upon the sounds all around and begin to separate each sound from one another.
This Harvest moon, the Full Moon is in Pisces and this is a time of free flowing emotional energy!
Let the emotional energy flow in and throughout your body, mind and soul!! Be filled with love!

Consider the moment.
Consider the day.
Consider the week, the month and the past year!
Look through time and consider your life; your minutes…ask yourself,
What have I learned?
What have I learned?
What have I outgrown?
What baggage am I holding onto, in my life? Be it emotional or physical….

Begin the process of separating what is no longer serving you in this time period. Life is about living in the now. To be in the present we learn from the past and release. We move ahead without the excess baggage belonging to another life.

Next, write down your life lessons and give thanks for the lesson.
Write down what is not serving you in this time.
Visualize a broom sweeping and dusting your mind's corners...
Be thankful
Be thankful
Be thankful
Let the baggage go. Set the paper on fire, wash the burnt pieces away with water and let them fertilize the soil…

Prepare for celebration! Prepare for the bountiful harvest!
The good fruits of your labor to fill you with love and mercy!!
Illuminate your mind!
Create change for balance…
Burdens released, I step forward with the life's living fruit!
 I give to receive and receive to give again.

Fire to burn
Water to cleanse
Earth to Heal
Air to grow

Personalize your Full moon ceremony. There is no right way. There is no wrong way. Be filled with love, your way is the right way!

I enjoy lighting candles and incense outside under the moon~sometimes I incorporate water…sometimes earth… sometimes only fire… sometimes all!
There are times when I want to be alone.
There are times when my son and I have the ceremony, together…
Sometimes friends come over and we all stand around a fire.. we each speak our words out loud, we cry and laugh and hug… we burn our words in the fire… we drink wine or beer…or water…
Other times, I will have a friend on speakerphone and we will do a moon ceremony together but separate…
Sometimes, I dance…
Sometimes, I sing…
Sometimes, I do both!

I am spiritual, not religious. I have tailored my moon ceremonies to my way of life. My beliefs. I urge you to do the same. Whether you pray to a god, goddess or nature… make This Time, your time…

Under The Harvest Moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment